Monday, June 11, 2012

All I want to do for Fathers Day!

Most of us will go see our Dad.  We will take something for him and we will have dinner.  Then we will take an do something with Dad.  Oh how I wish I could do that with my Dad.  My Dad passed away in 1999.  I miss him so much. I would love to make him a lemon pound cake. Then the kids and I would all pile into the truck and go to Mon and Dads house.  I would help Mom with dinner and we would gather around the table together.  Fathers Day was a relaxed day for him.  But years before he worked at the hospital.  The Doctors would take turns on call for each and every holiday. Once he was retired he would not go out to the hospital as much as he once did.  Instead he would work in the yard and do some rug hooking or he would work on his trains in the basement.  So, this year I will go visit him, but I will only give him a rose.  I miss my Dad very much and he knows I still love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment