Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh the poor Robins

The first sightings of Spring are the Robins here in Frederick.  Our poor dears are very cold and very hungry.  I set out to feed them seed like I do for most birds.  But I found out that our Robins are finicky.  The much prefer cookies and cake crumbs and of course bread.  They must have been eating at someones house all Winter long that could part with this food stuff. They sure didnt eat here at my window.  But they found that the bird seed was not that bad and finished that off too!

After fixing the birds food I took a cup of coffee out to the store with me and started to work on the fabric that I have in my storage bins.  I found alot of red check and yellow flowered fabric just great for the picnic clothes and napkins. Maybe even some nice pot holders and pads.  I think I have enough for an apron or two too.  I found a stash of little girls  dress patterns in the box also so I feel there will be some cute dresses in the window too.

Looking thru some of my crafting books I found a pattern for a paper back book cover that I have thought of making  for all you book worms.  This will hold you book and in case it with a protective cloth cover. These should start coming out in the Spring goodies in the next week or two.

But, dont forget, that we still have the cold weather goodies for what seems like the longest winter on record. There are hats, scarfs and mittens for adult and youths and babies. We still have a few blankets for baby too. For the coffee drinker we have a new design for a red plastic coffee mug.  Beautiful hearts with a key on a everweve insert. There are hearts and flowers on Bread cloths, finger tip towels and the mugs.  We have a few tees with Easter and hearts too.  So if you want to give your Sweetie a sweetheart of a gift, come visit us  at Nanny Goat Crafts Tues. through Sat. 1030 AM to 4 Pm.   Hope you have a great Valentines Day!
And would love to see you in our store.

No comments:

Post a Comment