Monday, August 16, 2010

Help Brighten up Frederick City for Christmas

If you don't already know, we here in Frederick, Maryland had the worst blizzard in years this past winter.
It hit with such a hard blow that we have lost most of our Christmas lights that were in the trees downtown.
With that blizzard also came the cost of just clearing the streets.  Now the city has had cut backs in finance too.  And that has lead us to the problem:  we dont have the money to replace the lights to light up Frederick for the holidays.
So the downtown business people have a plan.  Everyone can chip in $20  to help with the cost of a string of
lights or sponcer a tree for $120.  But they have forgotten us, the little guy!  I know that I am  hurt by this.  I feel that I have the right to try and give something to this cause.  So I am saying give  all the people of Frederick a chance to help!!!  I own a very small company in down town Frederick. And thru this company I  will be selling a given craft so that I can raise Money for  the lights.  I may not make too much as to sponcer a tree but, I sure am going to try and help light up some!!!  I am also asking for all the people of Frederick and surrounding areas, who enjoy the light trees in Frederick at Christmas time, to help out too.  I am not asking for the $20. I am saying give what you can and send it to the City of Frederick or bring it to me I will get it there.  We maybe in hard times but we can give a few pennys to get a joyful smile at Christmas time for all of us youngseters and  the elders too.
So what do you think Fredericktonians can we do this??  I think we can.

Send donations of Checks to Downtown Frederick Partnership   or me;  Trish A Culler  at
 Nanny Goat Crafts,  15 E. 2nd Street,  Frederick, Maryland 21701

I thank you for  you help in our quest to Light up Frederick for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment